Saturday, January 14, 2012

Forefathers (ROOTS)

Well, now that i am getting married ( for better or for worse ) i will have to endure the meticulous Hindu rituals as directed by my family seniors. Out of so many rituals, today is a ceremony called BIDDHI (Remembering and respectful offerings to my Forefathers). This was interesting because today i came to know their names. The list goes somewhat like this ( in an order going back to my forefathers ) :

1) Dr Anupam Dutta ( Me)
2) Adv Ashim Kumar Dutta ( Father )
3) Late Dr Haripada Dutta ( Grand father )
4) Late Rash Mohan Dutta ( Great grand father )
5) Late Leducharan Dutta ( Grt Grt Grand Father )
6) Late Kamal Kanta Dutta ( Forefather )
7) Late Ram Kanai Dutta ( Forefather )
8) Late Ram Jai Dutta ( Forefather )

Till my great grand father Late Rash Mohan Dutta, they lived in Kamarkhara, Swarna gram, Vikrampur pargana, Dhaka District ( then undivided India, now Bangladesh ). My Grand Father was first to come and settle in Dibrugarh town where we still stay.

Suddenly i realized that the Y Chromosome that i have is exactly the same as that of my forefathers, not to mention about most of my genes. So in a way, i have a part of all of them in myself. Feels spiritual......



Late Dr Haripada Dutta
My Grand Father



Late Anupama Dutta
My Grand Mother

No comments: