Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Death

If anything I know for sure
is death hasn't got a cure
So each day I live to know
that one day I'll have to go.....
No, I don't, wanna leave this place
though the truth I gonna have to face
and when I go..., I'll never know
what's next life kept to show.


I write to you - Arunava
I know you will not read this
but for your innocent bliss
your company that we miss
your lazy "Hissss..."

for your friendship so mute
but like the melody of a flute

for your patient ears
that listened to all our tears

for being so good
for elevating everyones mood

for being second to none
for being so quietly gone.........

Arunava, I write to you
wherever you are
Death may not have any cure
but with a heart so pure
you never left us for sure


( written in the memory of Arunava Guhaniogi, my school friend and one of the best person I have known in my life..... who drowned in a lake in the campus of ISI,Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata in 2001 on a stormy evening.......... i miss you Arunava)

1 comment:

blackgames said...

honestly, i read this poem first thinking it was something dark and evil...coz thats the way i am...but it turned out out to be something entirely different,exceedingly beautiful..not many get an epitaph, if i may call it that, as great as this one..ur friend must feel lucky,wherever he is...