Friday, December 12, 2008

Sand in my shoes

I was walking in the sand. Had my shoes in my hand and the pants folded up to the knees. Cold, frothy water of coast playing with my legs. They would come running , touch and sometimes drown my legs only to retreat. Each time they go away they take a part of the sand i stand on. I look back and my footsteps are gone.

I could not stop myself from remembering how i had walked in the sand, hand in hand. Her thin long soft fingers kept on entangling mine. Innocence met flirt. Her body was near perfect, my eyes undressing her with joy and shame. She let it all happen and said nothing but all. She could always read me. I couldn't.

We all move on. We all fall, get up and move on. So did i. But just like the waves, the past comes running, touches and even drowns my soul in the memories of the beautiful things i have lost in my life. Time freezes and i am lost for a moment. And the moment feels like forever.

I came back from the beach. But somethings kept disturbing me. I realised that I has sand in my shoes.

I will always have those sands in my shoes to remind me of those moments.

No comments: